14 August 2004

A Wiccan wins one in South Carolina

The State | 08/12/2004 | A Wiccan wins one in South Carolina

Quoting the end of the story:

"While Great Falls chews on its defeat, the plaintiff Wynne seeks surcease. Her home has been vandalized nine times. Hoodlums have killed her cat and hanged its gutted body. Someone put sand in the gas tank of her truck. Townspeople have ostracized her. Even so, she comes across over the telephone as the most cheerful Witch I ever met. My acquaintance is limited, to be sure, but in this one I stand on the lady’s side."

Yeah, that sounds like the Christian and American thing to do to a fellow American.
The people in that town should be ashamed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

it's hard to be sure exactly what violence has taken place against this lady since there is obvious bias in the article. However, I do not condone the violence at all. What I do condone is that this town seems to be a town of like minded, Christian people who start their meetings with a Christian prayer. How is it that one (1) person can come in and set the rules for the other 2194? That in itself lends a hand to violence. If I came to your town and had all stoves removed because I don't believe stoves are good, I'd suspect they would be an uproar. America's justice system is skewed to cater to the tiniest minority (e.g. this one person) and the ACLU does nothing but instigate it. If you don't like where you live, move. Don't impose your will on everyone else who is in agreement with one another.